Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Interviewing Past Pupils

Robert Shanahan interviewed his grandmother Judy Feeney. He asked her lots of questions about when she went to school at Newcastle.

Last week I interviewed my grandmother. She told me there was a platform where the pitch is now. She also told me there was a teacher called Mrs. Murphy- this was actually a different Mrs Murphy to our principal today. The school was heated by an open fire in the classroom!

By Robert (4th Class)




Eoin Burke interviewed his uncle John O' Donnell. He found out lots about when his uncle was a pupil here at Newcastle.

Last week I interviewed my uncle he told me about when he was younger. They did not have any sports day. They had a small field that they could play on they would play hurling and soccer. He said it was touph growing up. The teachers were nice and his best friend was Kevin O' Donnell- his second cousin.

By Eoin (4th Class)