Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Water Poems

We have been busy writing poems about water. We had fun experimenting with rhyming words and everyone came up with a different idea!


Water
Rain is falling,
To the ground,
Like a tear drop
on the ground.

When it falls,
It falls on me,
But when it lands
It fills me with glee.

The rivers do flow,
The clouds do go,
The rain does stop,
And the sun comes to glow.

By Nathan Hansberry (3rd Class)

Water

Water, oh water
I think you are nice
If you freeze up
You will turn in to ice

If I get burnt by your steam
I run in to Mammy and she fixes
It with cream

There are some days that I have
Lost my dog,
My dog got swallowed up by the fog

Water, oh water
I love you so,
When I’m not happy
I like a rainbow.

By Cassidy Mahon (3rd Class)

I went to the waterfall
to have a swim.
My Daddy was watching.
He tripped and fell in!

By Sam Cowman. (3rd Class)