Friday, September 11, 2009

Flour comes from wheat to make tasty cakes!

We have been learning lots about food. In Science we have been learning about the Food Pyramid and in Geography we have been learning about Harvest time. At harvest time the farmers cut and gather the crops. The combine harvester seperates the wheat from the straw. This wheat is used to make flour. Some of us use flour in our baking at home. Chloe was busy making cakes for the class with her mum. They were really tasty. Thank you!


Learning about food.

Today I brought in buns for 3 and 4 class. They had white icing and sprinkles.

The recipe to make these buns is: 1 egg, 125g butter,125 flour &1 tea spoon of baking powder,1 table spoon of milk and 125g sugar.mix,get bun cases,over 180c 5/8 mins.Enjoy!

By Chloe Fitzgerald.

I made some scones for my lunch today. One was plain and the other had chocolate chips. I used flour too!

This is a recipe that my mum uses to make scones. I read it to the class.


This is a recipe on how to make buns! I made a poster to show everyone how easy it is. I also showed which food group each ingredient comes from.